Home Community

Community

Ghostly encounters

It wasn't until I actually had an experience myself that I realised there was something to it. About a year ago, I fell down the...

Murder on Venus wins regional rockquest

Murder on Venus made a killing on Friday night. The Gore High School band won the Southland Smokefreerockquest band competition. The band comprised Hamish Waddell (17),...

Publicans calling time

Emotional send-off for Falls Hotel couple After 21 and a-half years, publican Paul Matheson is turning off the tap. Mataura Falls Hotel managers Paul and Nancy...

One grant for trust may lead to another

A Gore District Council grant means the fundraising for the new lift and seismic strengthening project at the SBS St James Theatre can go...

Store owners keen to connect

If the face of one of the new owners of New World Gore looks familiar, it is because she has worked in the town...

MVM contributes $958K

The Gore District Council is set to receive $958,000 after it signed an agreement with Mataura Valley Milk yesterday. The agreement confirmed the company's financial...

‘Ensign’ reporter wins award

Your local newspaper has one of the best community sports writers in the country. The Ensign reporter Kayla Hodge was named best junior sports reporter...

Exchange in Gore converts a footballer

A French exchange pupil Matteo Mion's time in Gore is that he is now a rugby convert. The 17-year-old has been attending Gore High School...

Moved by pupil’s speech

A moving speech earned first place and tears in Mosgiel last Friday. St Peter's College pupil Grace Turipa (17) won the prepared speech division of...

Friendships built through Rotary

Ron Hargest says joining Rotary was one of the best things he has done. As a farmer at the time, when dairy cows and his...

Property of the Week

Coming soon…

Car of the Week

Advertisement