Are you a reporter who’s passionate about news and hungry
to forge a career telling your community’s stories?
Allied Press Communities has an exciting opportunity for an
ambitious and adaptable reporter to join its team at The Ensign in Gore.
Allied Press Limited employs over 450 people on a permanent basis across its 15 sites in the South Island. We operate across multiple media platforms (print, online, digital) delivering news, information and entertainment through our various regional and city publications, including The Ensign. The Ensign is published twice a week and delivered to 12,000 homes in Eastern Southland, Northern Southland and West Otago. Gore is the hub of Eastern Southland, with a vibrant community and thriving local economy.
- The ideal applicant will have had training or experience in news reporting.
- You will have a keen interest in storytelling both in print and online.
- Strong photography skills are necessary, and video and website skills are desirable.
- The role will require you to produce quick, tight and accurate news stories, as well as writing ad features.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- This role may require some evening and weekend work.
- You will need a clean NZ driving licence
- A relevant journalism quali?cation or industry experience is a distinct advantage
If you think this role is for you, please apply by way of CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Informal inquiries about the role are welcome and should be directed to the communities editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on January 20, 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest con?dence.
Please note that you must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Disclaimer: Allied Press does not accept unsolicited agency résumés. Allied Press is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés.