Team Leader, Social Worker and Support Worker
Gore & Clutha Women’s Refuge has an exciting new initiative starting in Balclutha. We are seeking passionate and skilled individuals to join our team working with families and whanau who experience family violence.
There are a number of positions available as our services include crisis intervention, emergency accommodation, an outreach service, women’s and children education programmes and working with families who are transitioning
to living violence free.
The ideal candidates would need to have:
• Previous experience, training or qualified in Social Work is preferred but not essential.
• Information-gathering and analysis skills at intake and investigation phases.
• Good communication skills and a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
• Work with families, communities, other agencies and professionals to protect women, children and young persons.
• An ability to engage and empathise with clients and to establish working relationships with agencies, voluntary groups and individuals.
• A commitment to work co-operatively as part of a team, and to be flexible in a changing work environment.
• An understanding of the dynamics of family violence.
• An understanding of and commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
• Full clean driver’s licence.
Position hours are varied depending on the position and experience. An appointment is subject to Police vetting.
For further information or to apply, please email or send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Any queries, please phone Talia McConnell, Office Manager, on 03 208 8384.
Applications close on Wednesday 26th June 2019 at 3pm